Download: MP3 Audio
SUMMARY AND BACKGROUND
"We will strengthen our approach to addressing one of the greatest public safety and public health epidemics of our time -- and that is children's exposure to violence." 2- Eric H. Holder
In 2010, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder announced the launch of the "Defending Childhood" initiative to help prevent children's and young people's exposure to violence, mitigate its effects and put an end to cycles of violence that undermine the public's health. During this webcast, he described his vision for this initiative and its progress so far.
- Defending Childhood Initiative
- The United States Department of Justice
- Attorney General Unveils Defending Childhood Initiative
- Press Release
- Harvard Youth Violence Prevention Center
- The mission of the Harvard Youth Violence Prevention Center (HYVPC) is to work collaboratively to build community capacity for youth violence prevention in Boston.