DRUG TRIALS: Challenges for Alzheimer’s and Other Urgent Needs
Presented in Partnership with HHMI Tangled Bank Studios
In Collaboration with STAT
In Association with NOVA
This Forum explored the challenges and complexities of drug trials, and how they impact disease treatment and prevention — particularly for conditions that currently have little or no therapeutic options. As a case study, the panel discussed Alzheimer’s and several drugs in development for that disease, but also addressed broader concerns related to the pharmaceutical testing pipeline for unmet medical needs as a whole. This event was presented in partnership with HHMI Tangled Bank Studios, in collaboration with STAT, and in association with NOVA.
You can watch the NOVA film “Can Alzheimer’s Be Stopped?” online.
Brief Video Highlight
Part of: Policy Controversies.
Presented in partnership with HHMI Tangled Bank Studios, in collaboration with STAT, and in association with NOVA
- Share Your Life. Share Your Decision: How the Campaign to Increase Organ Donations Provides a Model for Public Health Awareness Efforts
Coalition for Clinical Trials Awareness
- Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative
- Can Alzheimer's Be Stopped?
- A Journalist’s Guide to Alzheimer’s Disease and Drug Development
HHMI Tangled Bank Studios
- Center for Alzheimer Research and Treatment
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Image Credit: Tangled Bank Studios/Jellyfish Pictures